Monday, March 19, 2018

Book Review #01 - "The Room on the Roof" by Ruskin Bond

Review

'The room on the roof' is worth reading! The story keeps you hooked with many unexpected incidents and takes you on a short trip to your childhood.

Written by Ruskin Bond when he was 17 which was partly based on his experience at Dehradun, India.
The novel revolves around the imaginary character Rusty an Anglo-Indian created by Bond. There are 4 other novels and short stories about Rusty.

Quotes From The Book

“I don't want to rot like mangoes at the end of the season, or burnout like the sun at the and of the day. I cannot live like the gardener, the cook and water-carrier, doing the same task everyday of my life... I want to be either somebody or nobody. I don't want to be anybody.”

“You don’t have to lie if you know how to withhold the truth.”

View all my reviews">

No comments:

Post a Comment